(Incorporated in the Republic of Singapore)
(Company Registration No. 201507688M)
DATA PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT
Your privacy matters and Chua Foundation respects that. We treat personal information with utmost care and adopt strict practices to protect your privacy. This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis upon which Chua Foundation (“we”, “us” or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). This Policy applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Personal data which we may collect includes, without limitation, your:
- name or alias, gender, NRIC/FIN or passport number, date of birth, nationality, and country and city of birth;
- mailing address, telephone numbers, email address and other contact details; and
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- By providing personal data to Chua Foundation, you are consenting Chua Foundation to collect and use the information provided and to share such information with Chua Foundation and its related entities. Such third party which Chua Foundation may have relevant service arrangements, for the purpose for which the information was collected or to be used, and any other reasonable ancillary purposes.
- Your personal data will be collected and used by us for the following purposes and we may disclose your personal data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- images captured by our CCTV cameras installed at our premises;
- photographs or videos taken by us at our sponsored events;
- entering into any agreement or contract;
- interaction and communication processed by our employees and agents;
- participation at our events and activities;
- receipt or processing of forms for visitor registration, car-parking and other facilities management related matters; and
- receipt of personal data for any other reasons.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold, you may submit your request in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
- Please note that depending on the request that is being made, we will only need to provide you with access to the personal data contained in the documents requested, and not to the entire documents themselves. In those cases, it may be appropriate for us to simply provide you with confirmation of the personal data that our organisation has on record, if the record of your personal data forms a negligible part of the document.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures:
- Telephone Number : +65 6704 0888
- Address : 9 North Buona Vista Drive #11-01
The Metropolis Tower 1
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other policies, notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued employment and participation in our recruitment process constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
- Effective date : 24/05/2019
Last updated : 24/05/2019